Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Some good advice


I received some excellent advice about 15 years ago from a guy who had been thru the AA program. I was highly emotional and hormonal way too much of the time and didn't take very good care of myself. Here's what he passed along to me:

If you're
  • hungry
  • angry
  • lonely
  • or tired

don't make any big decisions.

HALT for short so it's easy to remember.

Sounds so simple but do you realize how many bad situations can be avoided? Our bodies can only take so much at a time and the above conditions really can cloud our brains. My Mom told me when I was younger 'if you're feeling wiped out try eating something and if that doesn't do it, sleep!' We don't always know when to stop and regroup so it's a good idea to listen to the messages our bodies send out.

Here's to making the right choices with a clear head :o)


No comments:

Post a Comment